Are you looking for a good but free on line dating site that you can join? Some may tell you that “good” and “free” is an oxymoron in the field of online dating. But this is not entirely correct. Many sites require a membership fee upfront when you sign up. Others ask for a premium if you want to access or use their advanced services. Still, there remain a number of good and effective dating sites that are entirely free, and which rely on advertising to earn their revenues and continue to operate. Here are five of them:
1. OkCupid. This site is a cross between a social networking, and online dating, and a compatibility test service. The array of things that you can do makes OkCupid a fairly exciting website. And best of all, you can sign up for free. Another great thing about this website is that it allows users to create a list of personalized questions that they want to answer, unlike other sites like eHarmony, which has a fixed set of personality and compatibility questions that members must answer. Also, OkCupid allows you to contact people who may not be a match for you, giving you leeway to meet people and surprise yourself while you’re at it.
2. Casual Kiss. Casual Kiss attracts the younger set of singles more than the senior or older ones. Most of the people here are below the age of 40, and bulks of them are in their middle twenties. Again, it offers free membership, which comes with exciting features and applications, and the chance to get to know people from all over the world.
3. Plenty of Fish (POF). Plenty of Fish is another free on line dating site that holds the distinction of ushering the success of the online dating business model in the Internet. The user base of POF is a lot more than the paid online dating sites in the US, and the number of people who make use of their unique features such as the forums, the compatibility tests, and the “Who’s Seen Me” functionality is just unbelievable.
4. Woo Me. This is a relatively new dating site that brings together the features of online and speed dating. The members of Woo Me are below 40 years old. One of its strengths is the fast and easy sign-up process, after which you can freely search for people and browse through the online profiles.
5. Connecting Singles. This site gives singles everything they need to know in their pursuit of a date. There are forums, email service, chat rooms, and a list of local dating events happening.
If you’re looking to join dating sites but do not have money to spend, or if you have spent more money than you would like to on those other paid sites; these five free on line dating sites above might be just what the doctor ordered. Check them out; you might be glad you did.